Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Prattling-on Post

Thank-you to everyone who commented on my “Ho Hum” post. Please, know that I wasn’t trying to whiny! I do appreciate all of you who keep coming back to read. I was just having one of those ho hum days. I’m good now. The weather is awesome, and I always feel better when I get to spend time outside.

What I don’t like, though, are mosquitoes. They are out in full force at the moment. Especially out here in the sticks. We were at a friend’s house for dinner last night in the city. We sat outside and there was nary a mosquito to be seen. Lucky city folk. We’ve got the open space, but the only way we can enjoy it is by dousing ourselves in deet. Ah well. Everything has its price. I swear, though, that I swatted at or got rid of a dozen mosquitoes out of our van this morning on the way to school. Sheesh. Open the door for a second – or five minutes in the kids’ case – and your vehicle gets inundated. I am loving our screened in deck at the moment. We did our homeschool stuff out there yesterday and it was lovely.

Today I finally returned the tent we bought last week from Canadian Tire. It said that it was a six man tent on the box, but we found it pretty squeezy for the four of us. Plus, the zipper was already splitting after just one use. I was supposed to bring it back last week but didn’t, and boy was I regretting that yesterday. When I tried to take it back they said that they had a 7 day limit on returns for tents!! I was over by four days! It didn’t say that anywhere on the receipt, but they said that there was a tag on the tent somewhere. We didn’t see that either, obviously. Adrian was pretty ticked. At them and me. We tried a different store, but we got the same news. We called Visa (since that’s what we used to buy it) and they said to try one more time, but this time leave the tent there at the store, and let them know we’ll be taking it up with Visa. In the end, though, I was finally able to return it today at our local store. Whew! Three times carting that thing into Canadian Tire, and I was finally able to leave it there AND get out $370.00 back. In the meantime we bought a different tent from Camper’s Village. Nice and big with a nice screened in veranda area.

Sheesh. I prattled on about the tent awhile there. I don't even feel like proof reading it right now. If it's confusing - sorry! :-)

We get to break the new tent in this weekend because we’re going camping with the Junior Forest Warden again. Yeah!! So looking forward to it.

Now, I’ve gotta go and pick up Dd from school. Ds stayed home sick with Adrian today.

3 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

Glad your "Ho Hum" has gone!!

Mosquitoes - we of course have the dreaded midges here in Scotland. But funny enough neither mosquitoes or midges bother me - guess it's my defence shield - 'my pipe'.

Glad you got the tent sorted out - I never let them win. Any probs I take back and dump and they always pay up!! Visa is right too.

I see you all like the outdoor life - can't say I blame you with all that fine scenery you have up there.
*Now to see if I get your word verification right - 1st time - I hope!! Fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

Yes those darn mosquitoes are getting quite bad. It is hard to enjoy the outdoors and do any yard work without bug spray.

We bought an 8 man, two room tent last year. It worked well for us as the girls took one room and us and the son took the other.

Enjoy your weekend.

Steffi said...

I wish you a wonderful weekend outdoor!Enjoy it!I wish I can come with you!