Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ho Hum

I need to get better at blogging, I think. Yes, I do this for myself and all, but I’ve gotten kind of lax with this lately. I don’t even know why.

I used to be all into reading new blogs and building new relationships and as a result, trying to encourage new people to come and read my blog. I don’t do that so much now. I keep up with the ones on my blogroll and that’s about it! Even just with that I find myself on here for an hour or more. Mind you, my computer is slow.

Now, I’m not putting myself down but some of you have awesome blogs. You get lots of comments, and even more readers. I’m not there. My family and a few friends read, I know that. And then there are my blogroll people. Most of them at least check in from time to time. My site reader says I get an average 35-40 people visiting per day. Not a lot, I know, but I’ve been satisfied with it so far. And like I said, I’m not really out there reading new blogs very much. But I just checked my site reader, and I’m down to 13 people per day! And not all of those 13 are actually staying to read! A lot of zeros. Yikes. So, I’m thinking I had better step up my game here and write something interesting.

...................................hmmmmm ...............................................eh hem.............................I got nothin’.

I even find that what I blog about isn’t always consistent. In the beginning this really was a journal of sorts. Now I just write when I think something interesting has happened and even then I don’t always write about it. Maybe because I’m feeling a little hum drum in my life. I’ve got a case of the blas right now. So, actually, maybe it’s not a case of me stepping up my game in the blogospehere. What I really need to do is step up my game in the real world and that will shine through in my writing.

...........................I suppose that could be it.....................

Who knows? Anyway, something’s chasing people away. :(

No worries. Sniff. I know I'm a good person. Sniff. People love me. Snuffle. Sniff Sniff.

I'm kidding, people!!! Just trying to get some perspective here. :) It's all good.

Now. I've got mowing to do. I have my lawn mower thingy attached to my lawn tractor now and the grass in my front ditch seems a foot long. Afterwards the kids and I will do some math outside. Then Adrian is coming home early. We're going into the city to buy a new tent. We just bought a new one but the zipper is already broken and it's really not big enough so we're returning it. We also want to look at a new pool.

It's a cracking day out there. I hope everyone (all 13 of you) enjoy it!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Debbie...I have been feeling my blog is pretty ho hum too lately...I think it is summer time and everyone is busy...I have been on the computer a little more last few days just because jeremy and Tanner are gone. But I do know what you mean...Somedays I'll try to blog something and I'll be like BLAH!!!!Forget it...I also have a few of my recent posts I think I'll go back and delete...I don't feel too witty or creative for my blog lately...

my4kids said...

Hey Debbie I'm one of the 13! I come everyday to check and try to leave a message all the time.
I haven't been doing anything to get new bloggers to visit either lately but they do end up comming on their own I don't know what I'm doing to get them though. I honestly have so many on my list right now it takes a long time to get through them all I have to go back throughout the day to get to them.

Anonymous said...

You can count on me to be one of the 13. I think that the two comments before mine pretty much sums it up. Ya it is always nice to have 100 people check you out every day but really, how can you maintain an online relationship with that many? Note very likely. Just keep on bloggin. But from experience, a blogger needs to check out and maintain a rapport with other bloggers to stay in the loop :-)

Emma in Canada said...

The zero doesn't mean that they aren't staying to read, just that they aren't linking during that time. I'm not explaining it right, but you could have some one on for 10 mintues reading from top to bottom but they haven't hit the comment button or any archives or anything. I've been terrible about commenting, my computer is way too slow.

Anonymous said...

NEW POOL??????????????????

sc

Anonymous said...

Summer=fun in the sun
Winter=time on the computer

sc

Portrait of Peter said...

Debbie, it is always sad when some of those to whom you looked forward to receiving their valued comments - appear to either drift away or no longer come over to one's site.

Sadly I have found this too recently, why? I don't know as they don' say why.

My blog may not be to everyone's taste - but it is still my blog and my choice as to my writings - that's why it both fun and therapeutic.

I never forget those who have stayed with me throughout my good or bad posts!!

All those who have left comments - here have remained loyal - be proud of their being!!

Steffi said...

Hey Debbie!
I check your blog daily and I´m sure one of the 13.You blog is really good and I enjoy it to reading.
I have only some true visitors in my blog and they very important for me.For more new bloggers I haven`t no more enough time.And now is summer and the most blogger now more outside as on their computers.
The most other visitors don´t leave a comment.I know some other german blogs on my link list have every day more as 200 visitors.But that´s not important for me.I prefer my true bloggerfriends.

Between some german blogs are a "little war".They say : You never write a comment in this or this blog....You know what I mine?That´s sooo stupid!!Some "especially" bloggers don´t like my blog because I have more english speaking bloggerfriends and I write my blog in two languages.

Okay,some of your bloggerfriends are my bloggerfriends too...
Sorry my bad english...

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie
You KNOW I'm one that likes to read you every day if I can. Usually work gets in the way but I always catch up. I have been known to give you a call if it's not 'up to date' and say NOW what do I read?? ha ha.
I don't comment. I think this may be my 2nd or 3rd but I ALWAYS read and enjoy. I love, love, love reading your blog. even on the slow days.
Anyways, just wanted to give you my 2 cents and support.
Please keep blogging:)
Love
G

Debbie said...

Heather - I guess it's all in the perseption of things, heh? I don't think your blog is ho hum. :)

Terri - I love your comments. I appreciate your visits. You blog is great and you're a considerate vsitor. No wonder you get so many people visiting you!

Sirdar - You've been a great supporter from the beginning. And a good friend too. :)

Emma - I did not know that. I thought if it said zero that they just came and left quickly. Hmmm. My computer is slow these days, too. Grrr.

SC - Yup a new pool. We want one with hard sides that we can possibly not have to take down in the winter.

Peter - As always you speak wise words. I love your comments AND your blog.

Steffi - I LOVE your blog. I appreciate the effort you make in posting in both languages. And I really appreciate the comments you make here.

G - Thank-you!!! I love getting feedback from you on the phone. I often think of you while I'm typing away. I love ya, girl!! You're an awesome friend.

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back :o) I know. Stop the world. But we all have blah days. Like I said before though, what you may think is blah, others can relate to. And of course I'm not making any sense and I was late getting here...story of my life...but "I" know what I mean.