Friday, June 15, 2007

Walking with Dinosaurs


We just booked tickets to see "Walking with Dinosaurs - The Live Experience". I'm pretty excited about it because the production looks so amazing. The tickets are expensive for all of us but I think it'll be worth it. The show has life size models of dinosaurs walking around! Check out how they make them HERE. (click on The Dinosaurs and then Video) We have to wait until the end of July, but I think the kids are gonna love it...or be totally terrified. One of the two.

I'm wondering if I should show them the making-of footage before we go or afterward. I don't want to ruin the mysticism of the show, but it also might prevent them from being too frightened.

9 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

I think they will absolutely luv the whole experience.

A difficult decision as to whether showing the making-of would be appropriate before or after.

I think only you know your own children and if they can cope, might be a good idea to show a documentary dvd before hand - just to gauge their reaction.

my4kids said...

The video is pretty cool! I would show it to the kids so they aren't scared and also for the anticipation.

Anonymous said...

I'm with my4kids. I think the experience will be much better if no one is too scared. Hope you all enjoy it.

Debbie said...

Yeah - I'm definately going to show them. They'll get a kick out of it.

Isn't it amazing what technology can do now??

Anonymous said...

Your kids are older now but do you remember when the museum had that dinosaur display about 10 years ago? I do for this reason. The Son of Sirdar was running all over the place. There was one big room where there was a T-Rex. When he ran through the doors the T-Rex bent down and ROARED!! The Son of Sirdar stopped in his tracks, turned around and came running scared spitless to us. The look on his face was priceless. He wouldn't go in after that but eventually I believe we did talk him into it.

Emma in Canada said...

My son really wants to see this. I should see if there are tickets still available.

Steffi said...

Really cool video and good for kids which like to see Dinosaurs.

Anonymous said...

I bet this will be so much fun. I've seen it advertised and thought it was the greatest thing ever! What they don't come up with. Amazing.

Debbie said...

Sirdar - No, I don't recall that. Sounds cool. Actually, my kids really freaked out with that dragon at WEM the first time they saw it. That was awhile ago now, though.

Emma - I hope you can get tickets. It looks fun.

Steffi - Yes, if a kid loves dinosaurs this is the show to see.

Joy - I just can't believe what they can do now. It was the same with Cirque du Soleil. That was amazing, too.