Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Creature Pictures

The kids and I have had a lovely few days. We've taken a couple of walks at our nature sanctuary and then even just been taking time in our own yard to experience wild life and not so wild life.
We saw this family of ducks at the Sanctuary this afternoon. This is as close as I could zoom into them. We followed them around the huge pond to a spot where there is a telescope set up and watched them for quite awhile.
Just as I was setting up to zoom in and try to get a better shot of this little guy, the batteries in my camera decided to quit. Ah well. :)

We saw this cutie pie on our walk as well. He stayed there for several minutes until I dared to creep closer. Then he hopped away.
This pretty fella was in our back yard. We had fun following him about for awhile.
She just loves caterpillars. At one point, she thought that she'd lost this little one. Then shortly after in the van, he crawled out of her shirt. It was quite an exciting moment.
A quick snuggle with Max.
Our pretty lady, Ceo.

Feeding my neighbour's horse, JR, some grass.

7 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

Your nature trails are so exciting and educational and always a joy is to read your wonderful descriptive of the equally beautiful photos.

Steffi said...

Very nice pictures again and your kids had much fun in the nature!I find to learn outside really good!

Carla said...

Wow! Some great pictures. I love the one of the rabbit in the bush.

Anonymous said...

Nice critter shots. Some of those are hard to sneak up on.

Anonymous said...

We haven't been to the sanctuary yet this year. Been a bit busy at home these days. Nice pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Great shots as usual!

Anonymous said...

I think Max might like the video I have on my new site - it's kinda cute too!!

See what Max thinks??