Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Planning to Have Some Fun This Week

We had a nice New Year’s Eve. We had our friends over for drinks and more games. We played Yatzee. I haven’t played that one in years. Adrian had never played it before so, he won, of course.

New Years’ Day the kids and I went to my parents for dinner. (Adrian stayed at home because he was feeling ill.) There were plenty of kids for our children to play with so, they had a wonderful time. This time it was all from my mom’s side of the family. I’m quite happy for her that they’re all getting together. For so many years it’s always been my dad’s side. Don’t get me wrong, that’s nice too, but there’s some family drama going on there lately.

My Uncle Bob, who was always one of my favourite Uncles growing up, was there. He was the MC for our wedding. Being an experienced public speaker he just did an awesome job. By the end of the evening everyone was calling him Uncle Bob. You can see him in this slideshow that I made from our wedding pics. He’s the one holding up the Here Ye Here Ye scroll. My Uncle’s son, Wesley, came with his family as well. You’d think being cousins we’d see each other more often but we don’t I’m afraid. I had a great conversation with his wife, though. My two long lost cousins (long story) Jerry and Farah were there with their families. I so enjoy getting to know them. They just recently met each other (another long story) and it is very heart warming to see them becoming close.

When we got home I put the kids to bed and stayed up a bit with Adrian. Then I started to feel sick. My throat started hurting and I began feeling achy. My throat isn’t sore today, but I feel very drained and tired. I don’t wanna be sick this week! I want to do some fun stuff with the kids. I’m resting today hoping that I’ll beat the thing.

Tomorrow I’m taking the kids in to get new skates for them and myself. I haven’t skated for years but I feel like we’re missing out on some get-togethers because we don’t skate. So, we’ve gotta get on that.

Thursday we plan to go swimming with my friend, L, and her dayhome kids, and we’ll see what Friday holds for us.

Adrian can be a little…hmmmm. What’s a nice way to say this? Well, he can be a hermit. Even more than me. If I get invited somewhere I like to go. He’s back at work this week so, the kids and I want to get out and do some stuff.

Here’s hoping this damn cold, or whatever it is, doesn’t get in the way of my plans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...at least your cold held off until after the holidays. Sounds like you had a great time with the family on New Years. We went to my parents place for dinner. That was big meal #4.

Debbie said...

Yummmm. You're finished with the big meals now, right?

Adrian is trying to get back on his diet now, and I guess it's time I look at starting one. :(