Friday, January 26, 2007

Icy Day

We went to the ice festival today with my friend, L, and her day home children. It was a cold and windy day, but the kids were bundled up. L and I were the ones that were cold. Typical, heh? We dress the kids up warm but not ourselves.

The ice sculptures had melted a bit because of the warmth of the last couple of days, but were still interesting to see. I wish there had been a recent snowfall to cover the dirty snow. The castle and slides were hits for the children, of course. We stayed for about an hour and had a nice time. The photos of the sculptures didn't turn out very nice - perhaps because it was such a gray day. I didn't post them because you can barely make them out.



My friend, L.Ds going down one of the ice slides.

Dd taking her turn.

4 comments:

Steffi said...

The pictures are very nice!I think the children had a lot of fun in the snow.
I like ice sculptures.It´s interesting to see.
Debbie,I wrote now your blog to my blog list.I hope that´s okay for you.

Greetings,Steffi

Debbie said...

Sounds good, Steffi. :)

Heather said...

Looks like fun! I saw some cool ice sculptures last weekend in Anchorage at night. Didn't have my camera though!! :( I'm hoping to get up to Fairbanks Feb/March for their ice sculptures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!! Isn't it sad when we say the warm weather in the middle of winter made an ice sculpture display not as nice as it could be?

The dirty snow makes it look like there is no snow.

Glad you got them there. I didn't take the kids and they had activities all week...again.