Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's the Chair's Fault

My grumpy mood started off this morning with a big blow- up at our house over…a chair. Yes, we pick the really important things to argue over in our house.


The kids both want to sit in the chair that is furthest from the window for breakfast. This argument has been going on for about a year. My stance on the matter is that they should take turns. Adrian’s is that whoever gets to the chair first should get to sit there. Ds always gets there first because he is a morning person. He wakes up early, gets dressed, and then comes to the kitchen without any fuss. Dd, on the other hand, is not a morning person. She barely wants to get out of bed, let alone quickly get dressed and come to the kitchen. As a result, she never gets to sit in the chair. As far as Adrian is concerned, if she wants to sit there then she’ll hurry up in the morning. Personally, I don’t like to encourage this kind of competition, but that’s just me. What the hell do I know!?!

This morning when I went to wake up dd, she barely had her eyes open, when she said groggily, “I want to get to the kitchen so I can sit in the chair. I NEVER get to sit there!” I cheated, and helped her get dressed, and we achieved the near impossible. She made it to the chair first. Hooray!

Ds wasn’t pleased. “It’s my turn to sit there”, he said to his sister when he came in and saw her sitting in the chair. “I don’t think so. It’s been first come for a while now”, I replied. The little miscreant starts arguing with me, and in walks Adrian. He sees fit to get all involved, and says that no one gets to sit there. They can both go to the table. Normally, I would agree, because the argument over this damn chair has gone on long enough already. But this was dd’s first time making it to the chair first in months, and SHE wasn’t arguing. Ds was being pouty because he wasn’t getting his own way. I voiced my opinion on the matter, and the big stupid blow-up continued….over….a……blasted….chair!!!!!!!!! I feel like throwing the dumb thing out the window. And now I’m in a crappy mood that I can’t seem to snap out of.

His Nibs took off early this morning as a result of the idiotic argument. I haven’t been able to bring myself to phone him and wish him luck on his Citizenship Test that he’s taking today. So, I’ll say it here:
Good Luck!!
There.
humpf

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL sorry, but my husband and I can sooooo relate. Stupid chairs. I hope your hubby did great on his test!

Sirdar said...

That is too funny!! You know...I can't ever remember arguing about anything like that. We probably did but I just don't recall. We fortunately don't very much arguing. Doesn't mean we haven't but haven't very much.

Hope Adrian calmed down enough to do well on his exam. Hope you calmed down too.

Debbie said...

Adrian saw the error of his ways, so we're all calm here!