Thursday, November 30, 2006

An Excuse to Write

Man, I’ve been busy lately. I feel totally out of the loop when it comes to blogging. Disconnected. Wahhhhh. That’s my pathetic sounding cry, by the way.

Adrian is home from work this week because he had surgery, and he’s going back to work tomorrow. I can stop being so busy busy and go back to my normal routine of doing…nothing! Nah, I’m just kidding….eh hem. I'm just being cheeky. It is funny how my day just gets eaten up when he’s home, though. And I can’t even really say what we’re doing!

I've been working on the scrapbook I’m making for his mom. I got quite a few pages completed, too. Pretty good considering that I’m not really a scrap booker. I just wanted a nice album of
photos of us for the year. What I need to do is get better at sending photos and letters to her regularly.


I don’t what it is with me and the mail. I rarely ever get around to mailing things. I’m terrible at sending cards. I’m well meaning. Sometimes, I even get something in the envelope with a stamp, but it doesn’t make it to the mailbox. I always feel so proud when I actually post something. I have such a feeling of accomplishment. So, if you ever get something from me in the mail, please recognise it as a monumental event. Perhaps I was run over by a postal truck in a previous life or something. The irony is that I love to receive mail. A handwritten missive is much more personal than an email, partly because it does take more effort. And I love stationary with the matching envelopes.

There’s also nothing like finding the perfect pen with which to write. Choosing the right pen is a significant decision for any individual. It’s the vessel we use to transfer our important and not so important thoughts to paper. I love how a smooth writing pen feels in my hand.


Now, how did I get on the topic of pens? Ah well, this really is just a babble. I didn’t want to resort to typing those dreaded words that I’ve read in other unknown blogs…"I have nothing to write about today". I always wonder why they then take the effort to sign into their blog in the first place. I suppose it’s the same reason why I’m chattering on about the mail and how I love pens. Just for the sake of writing something. May-be when we begin with: “I have nothing to write about” it gets the creative juices flowing. I read once that it takes writing three pages of absolute shit to get to the good stuff. The stuff that you feel inspired and thrilled to write. I’ve gotten there once or twice. Adrian heard me cheering from the other room once and asked what was going on. I’m sure he thought I was a right freak when I told him that I’d just come up with a truly excellent sentence. I think that I was writing my friend’s resume at the time. Ah well. I’ve said it before; it’s the little things that excite me!

And now I shall end this prattle with another predictable sentence: “That’s about all I have to say for now”. I’ll catch y’all lata.

5 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I totally know what you're talking about. Sometimes I just feel like blogging, even if I have nothing worth saying. The more interesting posts I've written could have started with "I have nothing to write about..."

Oh, and I share your love of pens...all office supplies really. Why do you think I went into teaching in the first place?

Debbie said...

I used to work in an office - I did not like it, BUT. I did enjoy when the office supply order came in once a month with fresh new pens and sticky notes, etc.

Sirdar said...

I haven't written a letter for years. I haven't received a letter in years. How did we live before email?

Hope Adrian is OK and healing nicely. Was it something to do with his roto-router operation he had a few years ago?

Debbie said...

LOLOLOL! No, it had to do with the manufacturing end of things. There's tenderness, but he's doing just fine. :)