Monday, October 09, 2006

Sweet Words from a Seven Year Old Boy

Ds was in such a loving mood tonight. First of all, he washed dishes without being asked, and we played Snakes and Ladders before bed and he didn’t get upset when he lost. Tucking him into bed was lovely as always, but later (admittedly when he was supposed to be asleep) he kept coming out with love notes for me. Little notes saying how much he loves me with pictures of us hugging or my reading him a story. He made sure they had xoxo’s on them as well as his own invented ‘A’ which stands for a snuggle. I’m not sure if it was a new stalling tactic or if he was just really feeling the love tonight. Well, I was feeling it that’s for sure. Then he requested that I make him a few notes. I wrote how happy I was that I was his mom, how he’s the best son in the world, that he was sweet and kind, and that I love him so much. You’ve should have seen him beam as he read them. He said that the notes made him so happy that he just wanted to laugh and laugh. My little guy. What a sweetie. I was so happy that I could cry. But there you go - I'm a girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet,and it's o.k. to cry.

sc

Anonymous said...

sooo sweet, I have to admit almost tearing up just reading it. those are the blessed moments we should all be living for. I am sad to think that maybe some go missed because we sometimes get busy, or are in a very opposite mood. You deserve a star for enjoying and celebrating the moment by reliving it here! Yes I do enjoy my own moments like this...I dont miss them all!

Debbie said...

That's what I love about this, blog, Shellie. It's a great way to appreciate the little everyday things that happen in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Ahh how sweet. Your children are so cute.

Sirdar said...

These are the good years when they are very loving. You may not know but home schooling has a lot to do with the love he is showing. Not so much that you are schooling him but that you are home and giving him such a loving environment. Our kids show their love in their own ways. Sometimes I even tear up.

Glad you can enjoy these moments now. They grow up so fast and before you know it they are off on their own to sow their own destiny.

Debbie said...

I think about that all of the time. They both still look for kisses and hugs even in front of their friends, and I love that! I hope that it doesn't stop.