Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Science Day

We went to the Space & Science Centre today. (I still call it that. The name changes, but I don’t keep up with the times, I guess!) They hold homeschooling workshops, and the kids were enrolled in one today. They attended “Magnet Magic”. It wasn’t until 2:30 PM, but I wanted to go early to take in a presentation on their Demonstration Stage. A Halloween themed one was scheduled for 11:00, but I was late (as usual) by 5 minutes, and they didn’t allow late comers. :0( It’s usually an open stage, but this time it was presented as a proper show or something. Ah well, we spent our time wandering around. We began in the Body Room, which is ds’s favourite. In fact, if I mention that we’re going to the Science Centre the first thing he says is “Yah! I love pushing the buttons that make the fart noises!” And sure enough he headed there first. While the kids were wandering around I saw a familiar looking lady and even more familiar looking children walk in the room. Sure enough it was Jane and her children from Escaping the City. (Hi back at ya, Jane!) I had never met them before, and (now this will sound crazy) I ALMOST felt like I was seeing celebrities or something. I walked up to her and asked “Are you Jane?” “Uh, yes” she says puzzled looking. “I recognize you from your blog?!” I was almost flustered. LOL! Kidding aside, it was great to meet her finally. Lovely English accents. But then I am a sucker for the ol’ English accent. That’s why I married my husband after all. That and he can lift heavy objects. ;)

Anyhoo, at 1:00 we watched a presentation on Cryogenics, at 2:00 our friends arrived who had signed up for the workshops with us. Ds was thrilled to see his friend. It’s a good thing that he had a half hour before his course started so that he could calm down. I was going to leave the kids in the workshop and chat with my friend, but dd looked a little nervous about my leaving her so I opted to stay. What a great little class. Afterwards we hung out in the Discovery Zone, and I got to chat with my friend at that point. We left at 4:00, and we were all pooped out. When we got home I made pizza which was nice, and basically flaked out.

By the way, I am sans camera at the moment. Adrian took mine on his trip. Mom was kind enough to lend me hers, but I naturally forgot it at home today. I’ll have to get some pics of the kids on the next homeschool day.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are too funny! It was good to meet you at last!! Its funny when you meet a blogger because you feel as though you know each other so well!

It was chaos on Wednesday and I didn't get to talk to you (or anyone) for long!