Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Designer Vaginas?

Labial Reconstrucion Surgery. Where will the reconstruction of our bodies to please others stop? I think women who consider this surgery just have too much time on their hands. I'll admit that sometimes I think of getting surgery one day on my belly after I've lost weight. Child bearing side effect. Is that to please others? I don't think so. The very fact that women don't usually stare at their own vaginas proves that reconstruction is for someone else's sake. And this WEBSITE entitled "Liberty Women's Health Care" seems to be implying that we would be getting some kind of freedom by having this surgery. Ridiculous. I think that it's putting women in a type of bondage. Some of the websites I've read have comments like: "An oversize Labia Minora may cause embarrassment with your partner because it doesn't look good. Moreover, it brings discomfort when you exercising or wearing a tight pant." Huh?!

I read about this originally in a magazine in a waiting room. In the article a lady who had the surgery said how happy she was because her vagina now looks "clean, neat, and tidy". !!!! Apparently this surgery is a fast growing trend. I guess that more and more women are thinking that their genitalia look dirty and messy. How sad. How very sad.

No comments: